An Introduction to Pointwise Plugin Development
In this webinar, we present an introduction to writing a Pointwise plugin using the CAE plugin software development kit (SDK). The SDK is an application programming interface (API) that you can use to program Pointwise to export your mesh to your solver-specific format. Plugins written using the SDK integrate seamlessly into the Pointwise user interface and can also be accessed using Glyph, our scripting language.
During the webinar, we will share information on
- Best practices for creating your SDK environment
- References and techniques for determining the relevant SDK commands and syntax
- Downloading, installing and configuring the SDK
- Creating a plugin project
- Accessing Pointwise's grid model
- Building and distributing your plugin
David Garlisch brings 23 years of software development experience to our product development team. Prior to joining Pointwise, he spent 10 years with CADSoft Solutions and Punch! Software, where he co-developed Concepts 3D, a cross-platform, ACIS-based, hybrid solid and surface modeling CAD system. He earned a B.S. in aeronautical and astronautical engineering from the University of Illinois in 1984.